White tea is tea from Dabai or Baihao cultivar and actually a very regional product. Today white tea is very popular in China and some voices speak of a bubble, when it comes to the prices of aged white tea. And I need to admit, that in 2009 when I bought a huge quantity of Baihao Yinzhen or so called Silver Needles, I roughly paid a third of today price, nevertheless white tea offer a sweet and floral experience.
Yes, you are right, actually it isn't Black tea its Chinese Red tea and its sweet, similar sweetness as its companions, the White teas. You will enjoy following 8 teas, because they did it, kicked-out nice stuff from other parts of China to catch a place in Cha-Shifu's selection of Black & White tea:
The Black aka Chinese Red teas comprises of:
- Hong Biluo - red version of the famous Biluo Chun
- Bao Ta Dianhong - handcrafted red Yunnan needles
- Jin Jun Mei - selected small red Fujian needles
- Qimen Hong - Mingqian aka pre Qingming harvested "Keemun" Black tea
The White fraction from Fuding:
- Baihao Yinzhen - fragrant needles only
- Mudan - fresh green leaves
- Shou Mei brick - sweet portioned pieces
- Lao Bai Cha cake - Aged for over 5 years
Each tea is packed in 30g, so enough to become familiar to each variety. As usual it comes in an aroma safe and re-closing packaging, secured in the wooden box.