Chinese red or commonly known as black teas are lesser known, although its flavors are very diverse and comparably mellow.
Yes, you are right, actually it isn't Black tea its Chinese Red tea and its sweet, similar sweetness as its companions, the White teas. You will enjoy following 8 teas, because they did it, kicked-out nice stuff from other parts of China to catch a place in Cha-Shifu's selection of Black & White tea:
The Black aka Chinese Red teas comprises of:
- Hong Biluo - red version of the famous Biluo Chun
- Bao Ta Dianhong - handcrafted red Yunnan needles
- Jin Jun Mei - selected small red Fujian needles
- Qimen Hong - Mingqian aka pre Qingming harvested "Keemun" Black tea
The White fraction from Fuding:
- Baihao Yinzhen - fragrant needles only
- Mudan - fresh green leaves
- Shou Mei brick - sweet portioned pieces
- Lao Bai Cha cake - Aged for over 5 years
Each tea is packed in 30g, so enough to become familiar to each variety. As usual it comes in an aroma safe and re-closing packaging, secured in the wooden box.